Cyclonauts Bicycle Club
Rail Trail Bikers
This Cyclonauts sponsored cycling group specializes in biking rail trail rides, at a leisurely to moderate pace. Distances vary according to the particular trail length and conditions, but are generally between 20 and 35 miles. Rides are scheduled on Thursdays during the season. Starting times are in the morning starting at 10:30 at the beginning of the season and trending earlier as temperatures trend warmer. The group generally stops for a break/lunch during the ride, either at a picnic area or restaurant bordering the trail. Participants are encouraged to take a leadership role in planning and executing at least one ride during the season.
Locations for 2017 weekly rides will include but are not restricted to:
- Norwottuck and Manhan trails, in Easthampton, Northampton, and Amherst, Massachusetts;
- Columbia Rail Trail, Westfield, Massachusetts;
- Southwick Rail Trail, Massachusetts;
- Farmington Canal Heritage Trail and Farmington River Trails in Suffield, East Granby, Simsbury, Canton/Collinsville, Avon, Unionville, Farmington, Plainville, Bristol, Southington, Cheshire, Hamden, and New Haven, Connecticut;
- Canalside in Turners Falls, Massachusetts;
- Ashuwillticook in Western Massachusetts;
- Blackstone Valley in Central Massachusetts;
- The Charter Oak, Hop River, and Airline Trails in Connecticut;
- East Bay Trail in Rhode Island
- Minuteman Trail in eastern Massachusetts;
- Nashua River Trail in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
Additional information will be sent out to everyone who is listed on the Rail Trail Riders email list (see below).
To sign up for weekly Rail Trail Riders email scheduling announcements, please forward your email address and telephone number to Jane Glushik at email@example.com.
Rail Trail Rides